Stage R&D EngineerSTAG-22-0047
Saint-Quentin-Fallavier (38070)Offre publiée le 13/12/2022
Missions du stagiaire
Vos principales missions
WHO IS HOLCIM?
As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim are enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of our strategy, we are becoming a net-zero company, with our people and communities at the heart of our success. We are driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. It’s all thanks to our 70,000 talented people around the world are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
WHO ARE HOLCIM PEOPLE?
Holcim people are passionate about finding better ways to build. They embrace innovation and improvement with a pioneering spirit. They work as trusted partners, creating better solutions and experiences for their customers, communities, and colleagues.
YOUR HOLCIM EXPERIENCE
At Holcim, there is endless opportunity for you to play your part. Whether you’re in a technical, managerial, or frontline role, you can shape a career that works for you. With us you’ll have the chance to embrace the passion we share for our planet. You’ll be encouraged to seek out diverse perspectives, share your ideas and build the skills and connections you need to perform at your best. Because it’s only when we work together in a culture where everyone thrives, that we can build the world we all want to live in. To find out more, visit www.holcim.com/careers.
The Holcim Innovation Center, R&D center of the group, is the largest R&D center In our Industry with nearly 200 top-level researchers. This center has a wide range of expertise, skills and equipment to meet all the development needs of new and innovative solutions / products for construction.
As the world’s largest manufactured product by mass, cement is responsible for 6-8% of the total anthropogenic greenhouse gasses. A well-established way to reduce the CO2 emission of cements is by using supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs) as partial substitution of clinker in cements. Among different SCMs, the use of calcined clays and limestone as SCMs in cement has received considerable interest in recent years due to their abundant availability. However, the use of calcined clay in cements is limited to 40-50% in standards due to its high water demand and limited reactivity. Overall, the partial substitution of clinker with calcined clays is not sufficient to reduce the cement CO2 emission more than >50%. One promising way to lower the CO2 emission of cement greater than 50% is by maximizing the use of calcined clay and limestone through enhancing particle-packing of cements at low water/cement ratios. The two main challenges in these highefficient cements are to achieve a good rheological control (slump/viscosity) and comparable strength to Portland Cements.
The project contains two main topics:
- First, the intern will work to understand the reaction kinetic and hydrates formed in these high-efficient cements, having a very low ratio of reactive materials (Clinker + Calcined clay) to inert limestone filler. Based on this, cements with different proportions of clinker, calcined clay and limestone are proposed to achieve comparable strength to Portland cement.
- Secondly, the rheological properties over time for proposed high efficient cements are optimized by using commercially available chemical additives and adjusting water/cements ratios in mortar scale. Finally, a concrete mix design is formulated with optimized cement for target strength and durability exposure classes.
• Master degree in civil or materials or Eco-Construction Materials Engineer
• Appreciation of experimental work
• Team spirit
• English at a good level (official language of the group)
Duration : 6 months
Desired start date : february 2023
Holcim Innovation Center :
Location : 95 rue du Montmurier 38070 Saint Quentin Fallavier - Isère - France (near Lyon). The site is located approximately 30 km East of Lyon city, with possible access by public transport.
Want to join the experience at Holcim? Don’t hesitate, apply now! Please send your application to : email@example.com
Please enter the following reference : STAG-22-0047
Merci de postuler :http://jobslafarge.com/consult.php?offre=db6c16704986358424&job=406
- Niveau d'études requis
- Bac + 4/5
- Date de début du stage
- 6 mois
- Indemnité mensuelle nette en euros
- A négocier
- Raison sociale
- Secteur d'activité
- BTP - Urbanisme
- 501 à 1 000 personnes
- Entreprise handi-accueillante
- Entreprise signataire de la charte de la diversité
- Lafarge est un groupe français de matériaux de construction, leader mondial dans son secteur, suivi par Holcim. Il est présent dans trois activités principales : plâtre, granulats et béton, ciments dont il est le leader mondial, et dans 64 pays.
Lieu du stage
- Holcim Innovation Center à Saint-Quentin-Fallavier (Isère)
- Code postal